Roku is one of the most used streaming devices of all time, in the continental USA. The reason for this is the simple fact that Roku has indefinitely been reinventing themselves, both software and hardware to make their devices the most easily usable ones. One similar introduction is the Roku app for PC.
Roku has an application that you can use on all of the Windows 10 devices, meaning you can use it in most of the computers. You can use this computer device to do many things, and we will take you through the installation process of the same application, and explain about the different use cases of the application.
There are a couple of requisites before we get started, though. Though this exactly isn’t a Roku app for PC, this does solve the purpose given the fact that you own a computer with Windows 10 operating system. So, that is one requisite down. The second thing you’d need to do this, is a Roku account.
If you have them both, then this wouldn’t take more than a few minutes.
How do I install the Roku app for PC?
- First things first, please go to the Roku channel store.
- Once you are there, enter the keyword for the application you want to download. In this case, Roku is the keyword.
- Once you enter the same, please hit enter.
- After you hit enter, the search result will fetch all the channels and applications that are even marginally related to the keyword that you typed.
- From the search result, search for the Roku app for PC, and click on the same.
- The application will be highlighted, and you can click on the menu and select the option to download and install the same application.
Once the application is installed, you will now have to activate the application. After installing the application on your Windows 10 phone, or a tablet, please go ahead and login to your Roku account. If you do not have a Roku account yet, please go ahead and create one.
How to create a Roku account?
You will have to login to your Roku account from the new Roku app for PC, and you will also have to have a Roku account to be able to stream channels from the device.
- Go to the Roku website.
- In there, please select the option to create a new account.
- To create a new account, you will have to furnish your first name, last name, your contact number and your payment information.
- This payment information will be used to simply deduct money for the purchases you make through your Roku account.
Once you open a Roku account, please make sure to simply login to your Roku account via the Roku app for PC.
How does this application help?
For one, you can simply use the application to stream channels and programs that you have on Roku. You can use this as your Roku device. However, there are other reasons to use the Roku app for Windows 10 as well. They are,
- The device in which the application is installed can be used as a remote to control the Roku device that is connected to the TV.
- You can use the device to search for the channels you want and install the channels from the application itself.
- You can use voice control to on and off the device, and search using voice command as well.
If you need any help installing the Roku app for PC, let us know! We will help you install the channel and we will help you with the search and installation of Roku channels from the app as well! Our toll-free number is +1-844-608-1510.