Verizon, the company that owns Redbox, had recently released a channel application on Roku that can be installed and streamed from. To download the application, you will have to have three things in place. One, you must have an active Roku account. Two, you must have a Roku device that’s connected to your TV, and to the internet connection.
If you don’t already have RedBox on Roku, you can easily download the application from your Roku account. You just have your Roku account, and if you don’t have one, here’s how you open it.
Opening a Roku account
- To open a Roku account, you will first have to go to roku.com and from there, click on sign up, or create a new account.
- After you click there, you will have to furnish the information that they are looking for.
- The second stages of information collection will require that you furnish your payment information as well, along with the other details required.
This payment information will be used for purposes like any purchases you make from the Roku account that you are going to use. If any of the channel applications that you download are priced, then the price shall be deducted from this payment information.
In this article, we will show you how you can install RedBox on Roku.
How to search for RedBox on Roku channel store?
- To search for the channel from the Roku channel store, you will have to first go to the Roku channel store.
- Now, enter the right keyword and start your Roku search. The right keyword can be the channel’s name, or the name of a program that the channel lets you stream.
- After you enter the keyword and start the search, Roku search will fetch for you the channels that are related to the keyword.
- From the search list, please surf through and find the right channel.
- After you find the application for RedBox on Roku, then please select the channel.
- Once you select the channel, you will know that the channel application is highlighted, and there is a menu button next to the title of the channel.
- Click on the download option.
- After you click that, give RedBox a couple of minutes for it to download the channel and install it in your Roku device.
How to activate RedBox on Roku?
You can activate the channel once the channel is installed
To do this, you will have to simply make sure that you have a computer with an internet connection as well, and open the browser window.
Now that you have a browser window open, open RedBox application. Once the application is open, you will note that the channel application has a number on the TV screen. For this, you have to open roku.com/activate on the browser window.
After you enter the Roku activation code on to the browser window, you can simply start streaming RedBox on Roku. If you have any issues with installing the channel on your Roku account, or if you have any issues with installing the Roku device itself, please let us know via our toll-free number +1-844-608-1510, and we will solve the issue for you, by answering the questions for you!