Streaming devices are often discarded by the mainstream people as a fancy equipment that only works on newer TVs. But this is not true at all, especially in the case of Roku. Because Roku tries and brings an answer to all of your queries, including the most common one, “How to Connect Roku to TV Without HDMI?“
Roku Express +, the streaming device without the need for an HDMI port.
Most of the streaming devices, including all other models of Roku, would definitely need an HDMI port on your TV to be able to connect to it. The devices are generally connected to the TV via the high-speed Roku HDMI cable.
This means that if you have a TV that does not have an HDMI port, you can not use a streaming device on your TV. Roku’s answer to this complex problem of how to connect Roku to TV without HDMI was very simple! They just let you connect to the TV via the traditional TV/AV composite input.
Meaning, connecting a Roku player to your TV wouldn’t be much different from being able to connect your CD players to your TV!
How to connect Roku Express + to TV without HDMI?
The first step of the installation process is the unboxing.
- Unbox the Roku Express + streaming device. Along with it, you must have gotten a remote. As far as the prerequisites are concerned, you will need a composite cable that connects your Roku device to your TV without the HDMI cable.
- After you have all the requisites, please connect the Roku device to the TV using the Roku Express +
- After establishing a physical connection, please go to the TV menu and choose the input settings.
- In the input settings, change the default display to TV/AV mode.
- After you change the input, you should have the Roku screen displayed on your TV.
- Now, navigate to your Roku menu and navigate to the network settings.
- In there, you can choose to connect to one of the nearest WiFi networks.
- Roku Express + will list all of the nearest WiFi networks, and you can choose your network from that list.
- If your network is password protected, like the ideal settings, you will have to enter the same to be able to connect to the Roku device.
- Now that you have gotten the answer to the question of how to connect Roku to TV without HDMI, you will have to know how to activate the device as well.
Activating Roku Express +
The activation process is fairly simple. After you connect your Roku device to the internet, please log into your Roku account, from the Roku device. If you do not have a Roku account already, please create one immediately and sign into your Roku account.
After the login, Roku will give you an activation code. You can then make note of it, and enter the same in a separate browser window.
How to connect Roku to TV without HDMI and stream channels?
The fact that you don’t have an HDMI based connection between your Roku and your TV will not affect much of Roku’s capacities. All you have to do is go to the Roku channel store. After you go to the channel store, please select the channels you want to watch. If you don’t see the channel, please go ahead and use the Roku search.
Now, you can download, install and activate the channels. If you still have questions like how to connect Roku to TV without HDMI or how to activate Roku channels, please let us know. Our toll-free number is +1-844-608-1510, and we’re open 24*7.