Roku Ultra is one of the few models that support 4K HDR resolution under the price of a hundred bucks. Priced at $99.99, Roku Ultra supports a high definition display. You can also have access the inherent extensive channel offerings of Roku, and enjoy all the benefits of an unhinged Roku remote.
We’ll discuss on how to set the device up and will let you know what are all the special features of the accessories that come with go.roku.com/ultra.
What are all the devices that are compatible with Roku Ultra?
Roku Ultra model, like most of the other Roku devices, requires a free HDMI port on the TV to connect to. Addition to that, there is also an advantage if your device supports 4K HDR resolution because Roku Ultra lets you stream in that resolution. However, if the TV isn’t ultra HD compatible, you can still watch channels on 710 or 480 as well.
Steps for Roku Ultra Setup
First things first, unbox the Roku Ultra device. Along with the device, you will have received the Roku High-Speed HDMI cable and the Roku Ultra remote. If your go.roku.com/ultra packaging doesn’t have these two, the setup cannot be completed, so please make sure that you have these.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the Roku, and the other end to the TV HDMI slot.
- To power, the Roku, connect the USB power cable to either the adaptor and then to the power port, or the USB port directly to the TV.
- After you connect your Roku device to both power and to the TV, please switch on the TV.
- Go to the TV settings.
- In the setting locate the device’s input settings.
- Go to the input settings, and choose the HDMI port as the TV’s input mode.
- From here, we move on to syncing the Roku account to your Roku device.
If you don’t have the Roku account, please go to Roku.com and click on create an account. After you click on create an account, you will be taken to the Roku account creation page. In there, as the first step, you will be asked to furnish your basic information such as your first name, last name, contact information and along with that you will also be asked to furnish your payment information. You can change the payment source any time you want by logging into your Roku account.
After you create the Roku account, use that user ID and password to log into your Roku account from your go.roku.com/ultra device. After you log in, you will have to activate the account from the device.
Activation of Roku account from go.roku.com/ultra
After you login to your account, you will see an activation code displayed on your screen. You need to note that, and move to a separate browser. In the browser, please enter the activation code on to the Roku.com/activate link and wait for the confirmation. After the process is complete, come back to your Roku and restart your device.
After the restarting, you should be able to access your Roku channel store. In the channel store, you can download, install and activate the channels you want to.
How to activate channels from your Roku account?
- Go to the Roku channel store.
- Enter the channel name, a movie name or the show’s name that you want to stream.
- From the search result, choose the channel you want to stream.
- Download the channel application.
- After the download, let the channel install itself.
- To do this, follow the same procedure you followed for the account activation.
- After the channel is activated you can stream from the channel any time you want.
About go.roku.com/ultra remote
One of the most intuitive and intelligent devices in the streaming device industry are the Roku remotes. From Infrared rays helping you operate your TV pointing anywhere to remotes that operate both your Roku device and your TV in the same remote, Roku remotes have always been a unique piece of user experience enhancers. Their private listening, where you can simply listen via your headphones the audio from TV and their voice search are very unique.
Roku Ultra remote can as well be completely replaced by the Roku mobile application, because of the private listening feature, voice common one, being able to control your Roku device, and being able to perform searches.
All you have to do is to call up our Roku phone number and let us know about your go.roku.com/ultra issues. We will walk you through the solutions.